Crafting Simple Items
Simple Items are objects that are made directly from raw materials. Usually having the appropriate trade skill or other relevant ability and making an appropriate Insight roll will yield success. Most items in the games can be crafted by spending a Downtime Action and half the cost of the item in raw materials.
Some examples of abilities and what items you can make are below. This is not a definitive list but a good place to start off.
- Trade Skill, Metalworking
- Can create: Melee Weapons, Armor, other plain metal items
- Required Tools: Blacksmithing Tool Chest
- Can Create: Mechanisms, Chassis
- Required Tools: Mechanic's Tool Roll and the Corresponding Schematic for the part to be built.
- Can Create: Alchemical Reagents
- Required Tools: Alchemist's Glassware and the Corresponding Recipe for the Reagent to be brewed.
- Trade Skill, Woodworking
- Can Create: Wagons, Furniture, Housing, other wooden items
- Required Tools: Carpentry Tools