Modern weaponry, devices, and industry rely on the combination of Sorcery and mechanical technology called Machina.
How do I craft Machina?
The steps are outlined below and further into this chapter each step is explained in detail.
- Choose a Chassis you own.
- Chassis are the foundations and function of your Machina
- Common, Uncommon and Rare Chassis are listed here.
- Select a Spell Formula to imprint that you own.
- Each Chassis has an Arcane Core that a Spell is imprinted on to discharge.
- Any Spell Formula you own or have memorized can be used.
- It is not necessary to be able to cast this spell.
- Common, Uncommon and Rare Spells are listed here.
- Add Mechanisms you own.
- A number of Mechanisms equal to your rank in Mechanics can be used in any device you build.
- One Downtime Action per Mechanism added is needed to build the Machina.
- Common, Uncommon and Rare Mechanisms are listed here.
** Move to Ch7. Adventuring
Machina have special rules to use and maintain.
- Much like any other kind of action, Machina require a Major action or a Minor action based on the Spell imprinted.
- The Imprinted spell is discharged and the rules for the effect are resolved.
- Discharging a Spell uses one Charge in the Machina.
- A Machina drained of Charge cannot produce any further Spell effects
- At the beginning of the next day, all Charges are restored.
- At the Judge's discretion, half of all charges are restored per Downtime Action of disuse.
- Broken Machina
- Machina are relatively fragile and receive the Broken Hazard if used in Melee or handled too roughly.
- Machina with the Broken Hazard are subject to exploding if discharged or if they receive a second Broken Hazard.
- Exploding Machina
- When Machina explode, make an Apprentice Insight Roll. Lose a die for each Charge still carried by the Machina.You may add any Mechanics bonus dice to your roll.
- Failure - The weapon explodes, discharging a chaotic mess of sorcerous energy. You are inescapably caught in the blast. For each Charge still carried by the Machina, roll a die. You are dealt that much damage along with everyone in melee range of you. The Machina is utterly destroyed.
- Success - You are able to shut down the Machina just in time, melting and fusing the Chassis but saving all the mechanisms.
- Critical - You are able to discharge one last spell before the Machina shuts down and loses all other Charges.
- Resolve all explosion rules before resolving the effects of any spells used.
- Retrofitting Machina
- Spend a downtime action, swap out or add parts to any one Machinae in your possession
- Scavenging Machina
- Spend a downtime action and you can extract one Mechanism from any Machinae you own.
- Roll an Apprentice Insight Roll (maybe raise the difficulty based on rarity of the mechanism)
- Failure - You ruin the entire Machina but are able to extract one Mechanism or Chassis at the cost of all other parts.
- Success - You remove a single Mechanism without harming the Machina it is housed in. However, the rest of the Machina is a dysfunctional mess and will require a Downtime Action to reassemble and use.
- Critical - You remove additional Mechanisms per set bid or perfectly remove any number of mechanisms without disturbing the overall function of this Machina.